Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

July 2017 already?

I can not believe we are in July already!  No idea where the first 6 months went.

As for tatting, I have not had the chance to tat anything new but I'm trying to finish a motif so I could start something from my latest purchase!  A reprint of Dora Young's All New Knotless Tatting Designs.  I purchased this book directly from Heidi Nakayama in USA.  You can find out more information about Dora Young's reprinted book on Heidi's website.  I shared the postage cost with a local tatter with postage costing USD$14.47 for both books to Australia.  Our books took just under 2 weeks to get to Brisbane.  That's really fast postage!  The envelope was a bit battered but luckily both books were safe.

I haven't had the chance to look closely at the book but have glanced at all the patterns.  I can't pick a favourite! They are all lovely and I can not wait to free up some shuttles so I could start a pattern from the book :).




Hopefully I'll have something to show soon before the end of the year!  That's it for now.  Thanks for visiting my blog :).

Cheers,
Jenn :).

7 comments:

  1. There are some hints on my blog about how to work one or two patterns. Also some brief general hints too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane :). I think you blogged one of the patterns I'm keen to try. Will definitely have a look at your blog posts again before starting. Have a great weekend :).

      Delete
    2. I've put a 'page' at the top of the blog to make it easier for people to find. I'm addicted to that book as you've probably gathered!!!!

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Thanks Jane :). I'll have a look when I get the chance this weekend. Yes I've noticed :). I forgot to thank and acknowledge you as it was through your blog posts that I knew about the book. Thanks again Jane :).

      Delete
  2. Hope to see more of your work this year :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL hopefully I will have more time to tat :). I look forward to catching up with your blog. Lots of wonderful and informative blog posts to read :).

      Delete